I have sensitive, combination skin and I realized that I have not really encountered any blogs that addressed this issue. Recommendations are always either for sensitive skin or combination skin, but both skin types together are never discussed. Since puberty, I have spent a good chunk of my life experimenting and combining different face products always with the hopes of achieving the unattainable perfect regimen. Of course, this does not exist due to many factors; however, having a semblance of a regimen allows me to adjust accordingly without creating damage to my skin. With the lack of information on the web, I decided to share my regimen and maybe it will help someone out there seeking one of their own.
Here is a list of the products that I use (with pictures).
AM – Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in pink grapefruit foaming scrub
– I love the smell and the scrub feels great on the skin.
PM – Avene Cleanance Gel
– The perfect cleanser for removing makeup. There was never any makeup residue on my makeup pad when applying my toner after cleansing with this gel.
AM – Lancome Pure Focus Toner
– Shine no more. Sun City really tested this toner’s ability to control and mattify. It really works plus it makes my pores less visible.
PM – T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Toner
– Since the face wash I use has salicylic acid, I opted for a natural and effective toner. It doesn’t dry out my skin. There is a downside though; it has a strong smell. It took some time before I got used to the smell.
AM – Lancome Aqua Fusion Tinted Moisturizer Spf 15
– The only moisturizer with spf that does not irritate my skin. It also comes without tint, but I prefer the tinted moisturizer since I do not usually wear makeup.
PM – Avene Cleanance K
– Perfect for controlling blemishes and blackheads. Some people say it stings, but I noticed that ever since I used my toner the sting is gone. I think it stings only when it is used with other face products with a high percentage of salicylic acid.
– St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (once a week). I adore this scrub. I tried the more expensive scrubs before and they do not compare to the way this makes my skin feel. It’s awesome.
Questions and comments are welcome 🙂