I was reading the recent octuplets story this morning. Initially, I thought it would be a heartwarming story instead I was dumbfounded by the sheer ridiculousity of the whole situation.
Eight kids = eight questions…
1. Why did you get fertility treatments? (mom already has 6 kids, including a set of twins)
2. How were you able to afford this? (mom and kids lives with parents, mom’s dad planning on going back to Iraq and work in order to help support the extra eight mouths)
3. Where’s the baby-daddy or baby- daddies? (single mom of 6 kids + now 8 infants)
4. What kind of fertility treatment did you get? (in-vitro or fertility drugs)
5. Was your fertility doctor aware that you already gave birth to 6 kids? (willing conspirator or unknowing physician)
6. Who is this fertility doctor? (ethics, ethics, ethics)
7. What do you do for a living? (student vs part-time worker vs full-time career)
8. Did you consider adoption? (14 mouths to feed is a lot!)
I am glad that the eight babies are doing well though.